Sunday, March 21, 2010

Excel Project

Throughout completing the Excel project I used a few previously known concepts, however, I also learned some new important features Excel has to offer.
First off, when I started this project I had no idea the range of formulas was so vast; it really made calculations a daunting task at first. The more I looked at them and "tinkered" with them the more comfortable I got. The "if" formula, for example, was my favorite. You can saw, if X happens, then make "NO" appear, but if Y happens, make "YES" appear. It's a great feature for having your numbers turned into a form thats easier to read and analyze.
Moreover, there are also pivot table features that I didn't even know existed! Pivot tables are a great way to set up a very sophisticated, easy to use table that analyzes the data from your Excel worksheet. As you can see in the cut-out picture above it allows you to either type in your data or choose from a drop down menu.
The following project was no where near as simple a I thought it would be, but it turned out to be a great learning experience. Not only did I learn some of the more embedded features Excel had to offer, I also gained a better understanding of how Excel works and why it is so important for business owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment