Sunday, April 4, 2010

Database Project

First I want to start off by saying; this was a very difficult project and I ran into many problems throughout. On the other hand, I did learn A LOT about Access and see how it can be helpful in a business world. The options you have are pretty much endless and it gives you so many options for organizing, analyzing, and reviewing. Another thing I learned is that you could use this software for more than just business. It would also work for workout routines, calorie counting, and even establishing an agenda for school.

My ABSOLUTE biggest problem with using Access was the no “undo” feature. I created over five different databases in the beginning because I kept messing small things up and could not fix them. I finally started using “copy XYZ” and editing it that way so I could make a mistake and still be alright. That is the one thing I would change about the databases functionality. It may be something that after some time using the software you could adjust to it, but right off the bat it gave me problems non-stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment